Re: Request for XFS kernel rpms for the newly released RedHat 7.1 Linux

To: Tomas Ericsson <te@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Request for XFS kernel rpms for the newly released RedHat 7.1 Linux kernel update
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 09:24:59 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Working on it - see messages on the list, kernel rpms are not created
overnight. We need to intergrate xfs into the specific revision of the
kernel (which in redhat's case includes a large number of patches), do
a fair amount of testing, and build the actual packages - oh and do all
the other work we were doing too.

In the meantime if you are concerned about the security exploits you can
build your own kernel using the cvs tree or patches on the xfs ftp site.
2.4.12 or later fixes the problems.

Steve