Re: reenabling quota after xfs_repair

To: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: reenabling quota after xfs_repair
From: Robert Sander <robert.sander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 16:38:37 +0200
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 09:30:00AM -0500, Steve Lord wrote:

> XFS quota works differently, if you mount with quota options and the
> on disk data says quotas were not used during the last mount then the
> kernel code inside xfs will scan the filesystem and rebuild the quota
> information automatically - there should be a log message to this
> effect.

I have read about XFS holding quota as matadata info in the journal,
but the rebuild did not work I think. I just rebooted the machine
because of nfsd going crazy (but this is another issue...) and no
quotas were found:

raman:~# mount
/dev/sda5 on / type ext2 (rw,errors=remount-ro,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/sdb1 on /mnt/raid/0 type xfs (rw,usrquota)
/dev/sdb2 on /mnt/raid/1 type xfs (rw)

raman:~# quota gurubert
Disk quotas for user gurubert (uid 515): none

raman:~# edquota gurubert
No filesystems with quota detected.

Kernel is 2.4.8 from mandrake _with_ quota enabled and compiled with
gcc 2.91.66

> p.s. does this mean you are over your problem with the root inode going
> missing?

I did not have _that_ problem, but others...

Greetings
--
Robert Sander
Computer Scientist                                       Epigenomics AG