Re: Mandrake 8.1 with XFS???

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Mandrake 8.1 with XFS???
From: Keith Matthews <keith_m@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 08:16:18 +0100 (BST)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 21:12:55 -0400 Bryan-TheBS-Smith <Bryan-TheBS-Smith
<b.j.smith@xxxxxxxx>> wrote:

> Kernel 2.4.8 with all JFS' supported:
>    http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/81.php3

> Anyone know much about this?

> I usually shy away from Mandrake, because I have found many packages
> (as well as the installer) broken in places.

Despite the encouragement from Mike and Ivan it needs to be said that
there is a fair sized thread on uk.comp.os.linux about people having
trouble with the installer.

I suspect they have slightly unusual hardware, but that shouldn't
really cause trouble (says he who has never managed to get a RH
install to all-SCSI to work properly).

I'll be playing with it myself on the test machine when I finish a
download. Can't see me ever going to it as a main install though.

--
Keith Matthews                  Spam trap - my real account at this
                                                        node is keith_m