Re: [slightly OT] replicated installs of XFS

To: Walt H <waltabbyh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Thomas Duffy <Thomas.Duffy.99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [slightly OT] replicated installs of XFS
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 07:26:51 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 17:40 16-10-2001 -0700, Walt H wrote:

I haven't tried it personally, though will soon enough, but you might want to check out Partition Image for linux - http://www.partimage.org

Seems to be like a Norton Ghost type program for linux that supports many filesystems including XFS. Sounds pretty neat.

It works OK but it lacks drivers like raid and some scsi controllers.

Thomas Duffy wrote:

I was wondering if anybody had any luck with tools to do automated
custom installs of systems with XFS filesystems.  The choices I have
seen all don't meet all of our needs...
1) Norton Ghost - does not support XFS
2) Systemimager - does not support XFS out of box.  apparently Austin
Gonyou has got it to work
so I might be able to replicate this...
3) RedHat kickstart - does not allow customization of installed disk
(ie, Ximian, extra software, config files).
4) some hack with tftpboot, nfsroot, xfsdump/restore - ugly and hard to
any others? any successes?

I use the last kind.