Re: [slightly OT] replicated installs of XFS

To: Walt H <waltabbyh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Thomas Duffy <Thomas.Duffy.99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [slightly OT] replicated installs of XFS
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 07:26:51 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 17:40 16-10-2001 -0700, Walt H wrote:
Hi,

I haven't tried it personally, though will soon enough, but you might want to check out Partition Image for linux - http://www.partimage.org

Seems to be like a Norton Ghost type program for linux that supports many filesystems including XFS. Sounds pretty neat.

It works OK but it lacks drivers like raid and some scsi controllers.

-Walt

Thomas Duffy wrote:

I was wondering if anybody had any luck with tools to do automated
custom installs of systems with XFS filesystems.  The choices I have
seen all don't meet all of our needs...
1) Norton Ghost - does not support XFS
2) Systemimager - does not support XFS out of box.  apparently Austin
Gonyou has got it to work
(http://systemimager.org/pub/unofficial/XFS-Support_by_Austin_Gonyou/),
so I might be able to replicate this...
3) RedHat kickstart - does not allow customization of installed disk
(ie, Ximian, extra software, config files).
4) some hack with tftpboot, nfsroot, xfsdump/restore - ugly and hard to
automate
any others? any successes?
thanks!
-tduffy