Re: [slightly OT] replicated installs of XFS

To: Thomas Duffy <Thomas.Duffy.99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [slightly OT] replicated installs of XFS
From: Walt H <waltabbyh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 17:40:18 -0700
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I haven't tried it personally, though will soon enough, but you might want to check out Partition Image for linux - http://www.partimage.org

Seems to be like a Norton Ghost type program for linux that supports many filesystems including XFS. Sounds pretty neat.

-Walt

Thomas Duffy wrote:

I was wondering if anybody had any luck with tools to do automated
custom installs of systems with XFS filesystems.  The choices I have
seen all don't meet all of our needs...

1) Norton Ghost - does not support XFS

2) Systemimager - does not support XFS out of box.  apparently Austin
Gonyou has got it to work
(http://systemimager.org/pub/unofficial/XFS-Support_by_Austin_Gonyou/),
so I might be able to replicate this...

3) RedHat kickstart - does not allow customization of installed disk
(ie, Ximian, extra software, config files).

4) some hack with tftpboot, nfsroot, xfsdump/restore - ugly and hard to
automate

any others? any successes?

thanks!

-tduffy