Re: Total FS corruption - More info

To: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Total FS corruption - More info
From: Nigel Kukard <nkukard@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 04:17:23 +0200 (SAST)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Nathan Scott wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 03:37:03AM +0200, Nigel Kukard wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > here is the first tell-tail sign i get on the reboot before the "blank" hdd.
> > (that is from the output of  dmesg btw)
> >
> > .
> > .
> > xfs_create looping, dir ino 0x80, ino 0x6d09, ide0(3,3)
>
> 0x80 == 128, which is usally the root inode number.
>
> Could you dump out the inodes with xfs_db after you see this -
> something like:
>
> # xfs_db -r /dev/root
> xfs_db: sb
> xfs_db: print
> xfs_db: inode 0x80
> xfs_db: print
> xfs_db: inode 0x6d09
> xfs_db: print

attatched in .tar.gz file of 3 outputs

> and send the full xfs_repair output after this too.

if this is VERY VERY important let me know, i'll try sumone get it, i know it
reports alot of problems so it might be hard for me to capture it. also taking
into account the fs is mounted.

> thanks.

Contact Details
Name: Nigel Kukard
GSM Mobile: (+27) 082 564 2120
GSM Fax: (+27) 082 131 564 2120
Email: nkukard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Organizations
 - LinuxRulz
     Position: Linux Systems/Network Administrator