Re: Total/Partial corruption

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Total/Partial corruption
From: Nigel Kukard <nkukard@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 11:11:04 +0200 (SAST)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 14 Oct 2001, Jesse Hall wrote:

> On Sat, 2001-10-13 at 22:26, Alan Eldridge wrote:
> > Related Q: Seth, how about SMP on Athlon MP 2xSMP? Andy Kwong seems to be
> > happy, and I'm thinking of getting the Tyan board + CPUs I've seen on
> > special at a number of web order outlets. Have you, or anyone else, got any
> > comments on that setup? I'm still using kgcc. BTW, with RH 8.0 I believe
> > kgcc is history.
>
> After updating the BIOS and the NVIDIA drivers, my dual-AthlonMP system
> (Tyan MB) has been rock solid and very fast for a couple months now. I'm
> currently running 2.4.10-xfs (haven't had the guts to try anything newer
> yet). I've compiled all my kernels with Debian's gcc 2.95.4, and I've
> got a completely XFS+LVM system except /var, which is reiserfs. Haven't
> had a single problem with XFS so far, and it made life before the above
> mentioned updates tolerable :-).

Ok, i'm going to try compile the kernel for uniproc as i haven't see any
problems on our dual production servers, which leads me to think SMP might
be the culprit.

Nigel

Contact Details
Name: Nigel Kukard
GSM Mobile: (+27) 082 564 2120
GSM Fax: (+27) 082 131 564 2120
Email: nkukard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Organizations
 - LinuxRulz
     Position: Linux Systems/Network Administrator