Re: Total/Partial corruption

To: Alan Eldridge <alane@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Total/Partial corruption
From: Jesse Hall <jdhall@xxxxxxxx>
Date: 14 Oct 2001 00:19:12 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, 2001-10-13 at 22:26, Alan Eldridge wrote:
> Related Q: Seth, how about SMP on Athlon MP 2xSMP? Andy Kwong seems to be
> happy, and I'm thinking of getting the Tyan board + CPUs I've seen on
> special at a number of web order outlets. Have you, or anyone else, got any
> comments on that setup? I'm still using kgcc. BTW, with RH 8.0 I believe
> kgcc is history.

After updating the BIOS and the NVIDIA drivers, my dual-AthlonMP system
(Tyan MB) has been rock solid and very fast for a couple months now. I'm
currently running 2.4.10-xfs (haven't had the guts to try anything newer
yet). I've compiled all my kernels with Debian's gcc 2.95.4, and I've
got a completely XFS+LVM system except /var, which is reiserfs. Haven't
had a single problem with XFS so far, and it made life before the above
mentioned updates tolerable :-).

Jesse Hall
jdhall@xxxxxxxx