Re: process hang with xfs 1.0.1

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: process hang with xfs 1.0.1
From: Robert Sander <ml-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 13:55:13 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi!

Currently we see similar problems, reproducable.

We run linux 2.4.5 with XFS 1.0.1 on a Dell P2550 SMP machine.
Samba 2.2.1a acts as the Windows file server.

The error (smbd in "D" state) occurs when creating a
new directory with Windows Explorer (called "New Folder")
then changing to that directory and creating another directory
with the same name and then trying to move that one level up.

Expected is an error message like "Directory already exists"
but instead smbd hangs. And quickly other processes to that
want to access the directory where the first "New Folder"
was created in.

Any hints? Is this XFS related?

Greetings
--
Robert Sander
Computer Scientist                                       Epigenomics AG