Re: Oops on recovery with Linux-2.4.11-xfs on SPARC

To: Anders Hammarquist <iko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Oops on recovery with Linux-2.4.11-xfs on SPARC
From: Keith Owens <kaos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:51:04 +1000
Cc: Sean Neakums <sneakums@xxxxxxxx>, Linux XFS <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 11 Oct 2001 21:30:41 +0200,
Anders Hammarquist <iko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I suspect that there are more issues with reading stuff from odd addresses
>in the XFS code, though I haven't been able to pinpoint any others.
>It seems kind of odd, since they say it runs on IA64 and I would guess
>that it too would break from unaligned accesses...

IA64 recovers from many (but not all) unaligned accesses and logs them.
XFS on IA64 definitely works in normal usage.

Having said that, XFS recovery on IA64 breaks spectacularly, to the
extent that it corrupts the file system.  Booting from an XFS root on
IA64 is giving me headaches, I'm trying to track it down.