Re: 2.4.11 and large files

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 2.4.11 and large files
From: Robert Sander <ml-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 16:27:20 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 10 Oct 2001 15:26:24 +0000 (UTC),
 Derek Glidden <dglidden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I compiled 2.4.10+XFS with "Quotas" turned on, and for some reason, it
> would no longer let me mkfs anything.  (Not just XFS, but reiser and
> ext2 also did not work.) I always got "file limit reached" or something
> similar error message.  I didn't try making any big files, though.  But
> recompiling without "Quotas" enabled, let me successfully make
> filesystems again without receiving that error.

I see, and you sure get the error when mkfs reaches 2GB on the
device when making the filesystem. And turning off quota solves
that? Impressive.
I do not need quota on that specific box, but having quota is
an option I need to have.

Greetings
--
Robert Sander
Computer Scientist                                       Epigenomics AG