Re: Difference between XFS_IOC_FREESP and XFS_IOC_UNRESVSP

To: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>, Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>, "linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Difference between XFS_IOC_FREESP and XFS_IOC_UNRESVSP
From: "Ian S. Nelson" <ian.nelson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 14:58:37 -0600
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
My mistake was that my test harness wasn't multiplying my "kilobytes" to delete
by the
proper multiplier.  When you poke a 2K hole in a file you might not actually
free any
blocks, where a 2MB file has to free some block.

sorry for the error and thanks again for the help,
Ian Nelson
Echostar Technologies Corp.