Re: 2.4.9 is bad

To: tommy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Florin Andrei <florin@xxxxxxx>, linux-xfs <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 2.4.9 is bad
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 09:16:21 -0500
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

> 2.4.9 (and 10) are stable for most people, but feeback from people
> seeing this problem as to what hardware they are using would be
> good. Highmem is always a possibility. How long the machine stays up,
> how active it is, cpu count, memory size, use of md or lvm on the
> filesystems which are shutting down. These would all be useful
> things to know.

Oh, and if you are experiencing this problem and used to not do so, at
which release did it show up, or if you don't know go try older versions
until it reliably goes away. Since this is not something we have replicated
locally (Florin is half a continent away I think) having people try stuff
out and report back would be really useful.

Steve