Re: 2.4.9 is bad

To: Florin Andrei <florin@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 2.4.9 is bad
From: Tommy Wu <newsletter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 11:06:17 +0800
Cc: linux-xfs <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Florin Andrei <florin@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I saw this at least twice on this system.
> > Anyone knows if 2.4.10 fixes these problems?

   I also got the same message in here.... 3 times in yesterday night :-(

   2.4.10 has some other problem in VM.... it will freeze my linux (deadlock).
   I've tried the vm-tweak patch and linus's deadlock patch... but it seem no
   work here (for SMP, HIGHMEM linux).

> Looks like it's time to go back to older kernels for production
> machines. :o)

   So... do you know which version of kernel is stable with XFS now ?

--

    Tommy Wu
    mailto:tommy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx