RE: 2.4.9 is bad

To: "'Florin Andrei'" <florin@xxxxxxx>, linux-xfs <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: 2.4.9 is bad
From: Murthy Kambhampaty <Murthy.Kambhampaty@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 19:04:12 -0400
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Monday, October 01, 2001 15:47, Florin Andrei wrote:

> Apparently, a friend of mine gets all kind of "attempting to
> kill init"
> stuff with 2.4.10 (and reiserfs, but that's ok).
> Looks like it's time to go back to older kernels for production
> machines. :o)

I've been running the 2.4.10 kernel with XFS 1.0.1 patches on a test system
for a couple of days, and no messages of any kind. Admittedly, it really
just sits around as I have been busy with other stuff ... Also, it is a
vanilla box - Dell Precision 210 with a single 9 GB SCSI disk on the
internal adapter.

        Murthy