Re: Who / What's using Linux XFS?

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Who / What's using Linux XFS?
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 21:15:44 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 12:23 29-10-2001 -0600, Eric Sandeen wrote:
Hm, no examples here... what I'm _not_ looking for is "my home
fileserver."  What I _am_ looking for is something like "The human
genome project stores all data on Linux/XFS"  :)  Basically, something
that someone else contemplating a substantial Linux/XFS deployment would
be interested in.

Coltex Retail group BV in the Netherlands uses RedHat Linux with XFS for their main database server which collects the data from over 240 clothing retail stores throughout the Netherlands. Coltex depends on the availabilty of the server for over 100 hundred employees in the main office for retrieval of logistical and sales figures. The database size is roughly 10GB large containing both historical and current data.

The entire production and logistical system depends on the availability of the system and downtime would mean a significant financial penalty. The speed and reliability of the XFS filesystem which has a proven track record and mature tools to go with it is fundamental to the availability of the system.

XFS has saved us a lot of time during testing and implementation. A long filesystems check is no longer needed when bad things happen when they do. The increased speed of our database system which is based on Progress 9.1C is also a nice benefit to this filesystem.

Spell check as needed.

Cheers

--
Seth