Re: IRIX 6.5.6m/XFS CVS: Any problems?

To: "Steve Lord" <lord@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IRIX 6.5.6m/XFS CVS: Any problems?
From: "Sean Elble" <S_Elble@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 22:49:16 -0400
Cc: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Steve,

Can I upgrade from the SGI web site? I know I can download the 6.5.13 files
(900 or so MB), but, will this work OK? I am already in the maintaince
stream, so I won't have that damn "stream switch" problem.
<rant>
Now if I could only get some IRIX media from SGI without paying $600.00! No
offense to you guys, or SGI, as they have done a _lot_ for the Linux
community, but $600? Come on!
</rant>
Anyway, thanks for the reply; I'll certainly take your advice into
consideration?

BTW - Are there any major disadvantages to using NFS v2?