Re: 2.4.9 /dev/nst1 "Bad file descriptor"

Subject: Re: 2.4.9 /dev/nst1 "Bad file descriptor"
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 07:37:01 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 12:48 30-10-2001 -0500, Jonathan Dill wrote:
Since upgrading from 2.4.3 to the 2.4.9 prerelease kernels, long tape
writes fail after 1-2 GB on a 20 GB native tape with "Bad file
descriptor" on /dev/nst1.  I switched back to the 2.4.3 kernel and the
tapedrive is working fine.  When I get caught up on my backups and have
some time to play with it, I'll send some more info.  I'm just hoping
that someone may have heard of a problem like this and know what causes
it.

I have no problems writing more then 30GB on a Ultrium LTO drive. Something must have broken. Have you tried tar or just filling with zero's ?

Cheers

--
Seth
I use the last kind.