Re: Corruption of in-memory data detected.

To: Marc Schmitt <schmitt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Corruption of in-memory data detected.
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 07:12:05 -0500
Cc: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>, Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, florin@xxxxxxx
Comments: In-reply-to Marc Schmitt <schmitt@inf.ethz.ch> message dated "Thu, 25 Oct 2001 14:09:32 +0200."
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
OK, so the next possibility is the fact that xfs is setting the block
size of the device to 512 bytes and that pushes some calculations over.
I am experimenting with some new code in 2.4.13 which removes this
chunk of code, the next thing to try may be this, I am running md
tests on it this morning and so far it looks good, but I do not
have access to enough disk to test for the size overflow.

I hope to have a 2.4.13 xfs patch out today, maybe we will have to
get you to try it.

Thanks for your patience on this one.

Steve