For Testing - updated RH7.1 XFS 2.4.9-6 kernels

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: For Testing - updated RH7.1 XFS 2.4.9-6 kernels
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:26:40 -0500
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Due to popular demand, I have made available a test release of
XFS-capable versions of the Red Hat Linux 7.1 updates kernel v2.4.9-6.

Available soon at:
ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/testing/RH2.4.9-6

There are a couple known issues with undefined symbols in the
intermezzo.o and bcm5820.o modules; I'll get those sorted out on the
next release, but since this kernel is a security update, I wanted to
get it out there for testing.

They have not yet been rigorously tested by SGI - but they do compile,
boot, and pass the xfs QA suite.  :)

Enjoy,

-Eric

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.