Re: ext3 + xfs + jfs + reiser

To: Justin Coffey <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ext3 + xfs + jfs + reiser
From: Bryan-TheBS-Smith <b.j.smith@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 14:54:36 -0400
Cc: Hristo Grigorov <Hristo.Grigorov@xxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Justin Coffey wrote:
> Generally, we just ran into the OS not being able to mount the
> array, seizing and having to perform a hard reboot.

That's odd.  You couldn't even get it to mount the volume???
What hardware?

I have used the stock 2.4.3-XFS kernel with a variety of hardware
RAID controllers now, using initrds to load the necessary
controller, scsi/disk and XFS modules.  The only time I had "issues"
is when I didn't load them in the right order (and that was just a
SCSI issue).

-- TheBS

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith    mailto:b.j.smith@xxxxxxxx   chat:thebs413