Re: ext3 + xfs + jfs + reiser

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ext3 + xfs + jfs + reiser
From: Justin Coffey <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:16:04 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Very true.  I'll tell you what, we've actually just freed up similar
hardware to what we were using and I'll do a fresh install on it and take
another look.

The basic setup (though I can't remember driver versions) was an IBM
Netfinity 5500 using ServeRAID drivers running RedHat 7.0 with kernel
2.4.5.  We had it setup as RAID 0+1.  After successfully getting the array
up the first time, subsequent reboots resulted in the entire box seizing
after trying to mount the array.

And yes, we were bright enough to update RedHat 7.0 to a non broken
compiler.  I also think we updated glibc, but can't remember.

BTW the purpose of it all was to test a NAS-type solution for data
storage.

Justin Coffey                                          coffeyj@xxxxxxxxx
Technical Advisor                                   http://www.homes.com