Re: backport to 2.2

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: backport to 2.2
From: Robert Sander <ml-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 11:52:49 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 11:50:44 +0000 (UTC),
 Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> It would be very hard, nearly like a new port of XFS. XFS and its pagebuf
> layer is heavily tied to the 2.4+ VM system and uses infrastructure that
> wasn't
> there in 2.2.

I see. And as the VM is causing most of the trouble in 2.4, how stable
would you rate XFS?

Tonight I will try the Mandrake 2.4.8 kernel (which already has the
needed aacraid patch included), but when that one also fails, we
have to revert to 2.2.19 and ext2.

Greetings
--
Robert Sander
Computer Scientist                                       Epigenomics AG