Re: backport to 2.2

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: backport to 2.2
From: Robert Sander <ml-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 11:52:49 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 11:50:44 +0000 (UTC),
 Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> It would be very hard, nearly like a new port of XFS. XFS and its pagebuf
> layer is heavily tied to the 2.4+ VM system and uses infrastructure that
> wasn't
> there in 2.2.

I see. And as the VM is causing most of the trouble in 2.4, how stable
would you rate XFS?

Tonight I will try the Mandrake 2.4.8 kernel (which already has the
needed aacraid patch included), but when that one also fails, we
have to revert to 2.2.19 and ext2.

Robert Sander
Computer Scientist                                       Epigenomics AG
Bioinformatics R&D        www.epigenomics.com         Kastanienallee 24
+493024345330                                              10435 Berlin