Re: 2.4.9 is bad

To: Florin Andrei <florin@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 2.4.9 is bad
From: Paul Schutte <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 15:49:18 +0200
Cc: linux-xfs <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
I am amazed that it worked.

If I am correct, the XFS-1.0.1 was a patch against the 2.4.5 kernel.

 The VM changed a LOT  in the linux kernel lately.
XFS depends very heavely on the VM.
The guys from SGI did a lot of work to adapt XFS for each of these
kernels.

My guess wil be that the XFS-1.0.1 VM implimentation is drasticly
different from that in 2.4.9 and 2.4.10
and this combination will result in strange errors.

I am using 2.4.10-pre9 (That was the last release that I have before yet
another major VM change occured)
on 5 different mail servers. All using XFS. All very stable.

I would advice you to use the kernel from the cvs tree instead.

Paul