Re: wbee (sample_hsm) dumped core

To: Dean Roehrich <roehrich@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: wbee (sample_hsm) dumped core
From: Takayuki Sasaki <sasaki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 13:53:23 +0900
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Dean Roehrich <roehrich@xxxxxxx>  wrote:

> Some history on these: The sample_hsm stuff is probably the granddaddy of all
> the dmapi tests.  I inherited these and nobody I know has ever used them, let
> alone worried about whether or not they worked (even on Irix).  They were
> deemed as having no value and it was suggested that I throw them out (then why
> did they exist long enough for me to inherit them?).  Anyway, I decided to
> keep them, thinking that maybe one day they'd be dusted off and given a
> tune-up.

That's sound very nice :)

> Note that the test tool 'print_event' exists in two places in the test tree.
> The version in sample_hsm is _not_ the one I use, and I really haven't looked
> at why they are different, or whether sample_hsm/print_event would even work.
> At this moment, you are the expert on the sample_hsm stuff (congrats), so tell
> me what you think: should we just remove sample_hsm/print_event and rely on
> the other print_event?

I think so because sample_hsm/print_eventry was not compiled
here by make :) then I made it by hand and run it.  It seemed
work successfully, however, there is no document of
sample_hsm/print_event except itself, so I'm not sure about it.

Could you tell me what are you using or should I use to evaluate
dmapi of XFS filesystem? Is there any good tools / documents
besides cvs tree?

Thanks in advance,

Takayuki