Re: .deb kernel packages

To: Russ Ingram <ringram@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: .deb kernel packages
From: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:49:30 +1100
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
hi,

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 09:48:28AM -0600, Russ Ingram wrote:
> I was just wondering how many people on this list are running
> debian and would be interested in having .deb kernel packages.  I
> just learned how to make kernel packages on debian and would be
> willing to provide them if there is enough interest.

There are patches in the archive already - the only complaint I've
seen of these is that they are not frequently updated (but thats
because we don't make point releases as frequently as some people
would like).

# apt-cache search patch-xfs
kernel-patch-xfs - XFS Filesystem support for Linux 2.4.5
kernel-patch-xfs-core - Necessary kernel infrastructure to support XFS

As you likely already know, all the user tools can also be retrieved
from the archive.

cheers.

--
Nathan