Re: .deb kernel packages

To: Federico Sevilla III <jijo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: .deb kernel packages
From: Alan Eldridge <alane@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 11:56:43 -0400
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 11:38:20PM +0800, Federico Sevilla III wrote:

>I'm using Debian (unstable) and have been using XFS for awhile now on
>production and development machines. I'm not particularly interested in
>getting someone else's kernel packages, but I'm sure that a lot of
>would-be XFS converts will appreciate XFS-enabled kernel packages
>available for download. :)

I make daily builds of the CVS tree, packaged into RPMS, but I don't have a
server to place them on to handle the traffic. I don't wan't that hitting my
home SDSL link, or it won't be a 768K link anymore.

There is an excellent package called Alien that could convert the .rpm to
.deb.

My entire build system is available over the web as well, although it is
password protected. I will rearrange the protection and then post when it is
open except for the RPMS themselves.

If anyone has a server that can host the rpms or debs, I can make them
available on a daily basis.

--
Alan Eldridge
from std_disclaimer import *