Anaconda crash on 1.0.1 install

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Anaconda crash on 1.0.1 install
From: Jonathan Schwarz <js@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 18 Sep 2001 20:32:46 -0400
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Anaconda crashes on me whenever I try to install using the 1.0.1
install. Right after it transfers the 2nd stage image the hd, it dies.

I have attached the dump (saved to floppy). The hardware is a Compaw
Proliant 5000R. It has a raid 5 array on a SMART-2/P(cpqarray driver).
When I installed plain RH7.1, I had a similar issue, but only once. The
second time, it copied the image and continued. XFS installer has done
it 3 times in a row.

One problem, I think, may come from my boot floppies. The PC can't boot
from a CD (even though the BIOS thinks it can) and so I made boot
floppies. However, XFS 1.0.1 boot floppies don't recognize my floppy
drive for my driver disk that I need for my raid array. It just freezes.
I took the boot set and put on the vmlinuz and appropriate modules from
2.4.5-SGI_XFS_1.0.1BOOT. I then did the same for the driver disk. Next,
I had to put xfs.o, xfs_support.o, pagebuf.o, xor.o and raid.o on a
floppy and insmod them by hand. This is because the cd has the modules
for the old boot kernel, and my iso won't let me rebuild it like a
floppy - even mounted read-write.

So I guess I have three questions -
1) Can this anaconda issue be fixed easily?
2) Can someone issue update boot disks/iso's, or help me figure out
what's wrong with mine?
3) Is there something else I can change that might fix this issue
otherwise?

Sorry if this is so nebulous, I just don't know what's going on here
now.

RH 7.1 can install successfully, and I can read/write xfs filesystem
with the boot kernel after loading the right modules. It doesn't matter
if I do or don't format the root partition, it still crashes.

Thanks for your help

--
Jonathan Schwarz
js@xxxxxxxxxxxxx