Re: xfsdump with rmt

To: Ethan Benson <erbenson@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfsdump with rmt
From: ivanr@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 21:21:36 +1000
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Ethan Benson wrote:

> > If you'd rather fix the source, check cmd/xfsdump/librmt/rmtopen.c line
> > 80.
>
> actually that code looks fine, its the _rmt_dev function that is
> broken, here is a patch:

Well, I probably would've removed the call to rmt_dev, as Tim did
did -- no point having a function called rmt_dev if it doesn't have
anything to do with devices or /dev.

> i have tested it and it seems to work..

Good.  I assume error conditions such as no space left or insufficient
permissions to write will work too...  Also, it would also be a good idea
to test xfsrestore.  Although, I suppose Tim must've checked this stuff
before checking in the change, right Tim? :)

Ivan

--
Ivan Rayner
ivanr@xxxxxxx