Integration of xfs into actual kernels

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Integration of xfs into actual kernels
From: Gerd Bitzer <gbitzer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 20:24:09 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'd like to use XFS frequently, and preferably for my /boot and /root slices. But it is always a circumstance to stay in sync with the actual kernel release, first one has to grab the actual kernel or the kernelpatch, then one has to wait until you have also released a patch and also has to patch it into the kernel tree (and also one has to preserver an unpatched kernelsourcetree which first could be patched up to the next release, before your patches could also be patched in), and then the recompilation (which sometimes also offers some surprises). Hopefully XFS would be integrated into the standard kernel tree as soon as possible, to ease this boring process.

Could you please tell me when this may be happening ?