Re: Quotas on XFS

To: "Michels, Gustavo [EES/BR]" <gustavo.michels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Quotas on XFS
From: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 07:21:37 +1000
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
hi,

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 01:36:05PM +0100, Michels, Gustavo [EES/BR] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just another question, I can't find anything about it also...
>
> How do I set quota defaults for all users (created and to be created)? What
> is the 'protouser' in setquota?

This is a prototypical user - the idea being you set up the
quota for one user and then basically copy the limits for
the rest from that first one.

You cannot set default quotas for more than one user at a
time (you could write a script which uses setquota in a loop
of course), and you can't set quota for users that don't
exist (urm - that may not be true if you use numeric IDs
directly actually, instead of usernames).

cheers.

--
Nathan