Re: RH 7.1 & XFS 1.0.1 on SGI 1200 (AIC7xxx hang)

To: Tony Clark <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: RH 7.1 & XFS 1.0.1 on SGI 1200 (AIC7xxx hang)
From: Will Francis <wfrancis@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 16:27:54 -0700
Cc: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Hmmm...  This was posted:
>
> On 18 Jul 2001 15:46:48 -0400, Doug Ledford wrote:
> >
> > When using my boot disk, you have to use the "apic" option, not the "noapic"
> > option.
>
> but with no mention of how to use this option.  I'll try a little more and
> see if anything can be made to happen.  If anyone who knows how to make this
> go away, I'd appreciate the assistance.

in your syslinux.cfg file on your boot floppy, simply add "apic" to your
append line.
For example, my entire syslinux.cfg file looks like this:

default ks
prompt 1
timeout 1
display boot.msg
label linux
  kernel vmlinuz
  append initrd=initrd.img
label ks
  kernel vmlinuz
  append apic ks=floppy initrd=initrd.img ramdisk_size=8192

(the ramdisk_size=8192 is needed if you do a FTP (or HTTP) based install,
ignore
otherwise)