Re: RH 7.1 & XFS 1.0.1 on SGI 1200 (AIC7xxx hang)

To: Tony Clark <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>, <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: RH 7.1 & XFS 1.0.1 on SGI 1200 (AIC7xxx hang)
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 07:26:53 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 14:25 13-9-2001 +0930, Tony Clark wrote:
Hello,

I've seen mention of this a number of times on the list, but haven't managed
to dig up a solution.  Please excuse my repetition of the issue.

I have a stack of SGI 1200's with 2 x P3 cpus.  I can successfully use the
XFS 1.0 install disk, but the 1.0.1 disk hangs at the AIC7xxx point.

IIRC you should use the update disk that is available on the ftp site.

Is there actually a way to make it move past this point using options in
lilo, or should I abandon ship and use the 1.0 installer.

Hmm, it might be related the noapic option although I don't remember the exact syntax. Head on over to the FAQ or the mailinglist page, there is a link to a searchable mail archive there.

I think searching for this type of machine in the list will turn op some results.

Cheers
--
Seth
I use the last kind.