Re: Updated quota RPM for RedHat 7.1

To: Simon Matter <simon.matter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Updated quota RPM for RedHat 7.1
From: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 00:41:47 +1100
Cc: linux-xfs <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
hi,

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 02:01:33PM +0200, Simon Matter wrote:
> I've just checked for updates for RH-7.1 and found a new quota RPM. I
> guess it wouldn't be a good idea to install this one since the quota
> package for XFS is modified. Did I assume right?

With the XFS releases we didn't actually ship a "modified rpm"
per-se - we shipped a version of the quota rpm which was ahead
of where Redhat was at the time (but it sounds like they are
catching up, which is good).  I'm pretty sure this new version
(as long as its >3.01) will work with XFS quota, but YMMV.

cheers.

--
Nathan