Re: fsck equivalent?

To: mburger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Mike Burger)
Subject: Re: fsck equivalent?
From: "Martin K. Petersen" <mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07 Sep 2001 15:09:58 -0400
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Burger <mburger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Mike> I've got a drive that I think is flakey...but right now, it
Mike> holds my /var file system.  I've done some considerable
Mike> customization (considering that the installation of the OS only
Mike> occurred yesterday) and I'd hate to have to reinstall the whole
Mike> damned OS, again.

Mike> So, since the drive can't be mounted (error involves bad
Mike> superblock), I'm in need of the name of a program I can run,
Mike> manually, to check and repair the filesystem, if possible, so
Mike> that I can then move the contents off to a replacement drive.

xfs_repair

--
Martin K. Petersen, Principal Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.linuxcare.com/