Re: TAKE - mount msgs

To: Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: TAKE - mount msgs
From: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 22:53:23 +1100
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
hi Andi,

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 01:44:37PM +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 09:39:42PM +1000, Nathan Scott wrote:
> > Consensus seems to be less chatty on mount - this should do the trick.
> > Can still get at these messages with a debug build (as is the case for
> > the nightly QA runs) where these messages are still quite useful.
>
> I think it would be better to keep them; as it makes debugging even on
> production machines easier.

_Now_ you pipe up!  Well, I don't think the "finished clean mount"
message is particularly useful, but I'll put the initial message
back in at the start of a mount, I think, so that in the normal case
its just one message per mount.

If anyone else really wants the message at the end of a clean mount,
I guess I can put that back too...

cheers.

--
Nathan