Best CVS tags to build from ...

Subject: Best CVS tags to build from ...
From: Bryan-TheBS-Smith <b.j.smith@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 00:47:59 -0400
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
I've probably asked this before, but I'm having trouble finding the
answer in my old E-mails, the archives or in a downloaded CVS tree
myself.

Q:  Is there a moving CVS tag or series of tags that is/are "STABLE"
or otherwise that are used to mark potential patch or other
potential points of release?

Alt-Q:  If not, would someone let me know whenever they feel there
is a good tag and/or date-timestamp of the tree when it would be
good to build RPMs from?

Thanx in advance ...

-- TheBS

P.S.  The reason why I ask is because I'm going to try to start
releasing kernel RPMs again.  My current job function (wireless LAN
development) will require me to do kernel modifications and releases
for various distros anyway, so I figure I might as well release an
XFS version (since it is currently my preferred 2.4 kernel JFS after
exhausted use of it, ReiserFS and Ext3 over the past year).

P.S.S.  I'm working hard to find a SDSL provider for here in Central
Florida so I can serve out more than my current 256Kbps site.  I
know the lines are capable, but only ADSL seems to be offered by the
relatively ignorant salespeople I can get ahold of.  Does anyone
know of one offering SDSL?  I'm willing to pay several hundred
$$$/month for a 768Kbps - 1.5Mbps SDSL line with high or unlimited
transfers to a residential (or commercial if I have to) area.  Thanx
again.

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith    mailto:b.j.smith@xxxxxxxx    chat:thebs413
Engineer   AbsoluteValue Systems, Inc.  http://www.linux-wlan.org