Re: xfs + woody

To: Lionel <lionel@xxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: xfs + woody
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 13:20:20 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 12:42 27-9-2001 +0200, Lionel wrote:
Hi EveryBody !

Is there any personn who have some experience woody + xfs installation ?
I installed two machines with floppies disks from Zoltan and it work, but I have problems with daemon.
Each time I want to lauch gdm, proftpd, sshd, ... by /etc/init.d/xxxx start it say nothing and the daemon doesn't run. If I directly lauche sshd for example it work !!! I don't have the problem with a woody installed from the upgrade of a potato.

Have you some ideas or answers ?!!

What does /var/log/messages say about the startup scripts failing?
Perhaps you mounted the / fs with the noexec option? That would make the initscripts fail.

Cheers

--
Seth
I use the last kind.