Re: 2.4.10 patch?

Subject: Re: 2.4.10 patch?
From: "D. Stimits" <stimits@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 18:52:38 -0600
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Keith Owens wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Sep 2001 19:55:24 -0400,
> "Steven Tower" <tower@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >I realize this is off topic, can someone give me a URL where I can find
> >the main preemption patch?  Thanks.
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&w=2&r=1&s=preemption&q=b
> lists the various threads.  The announcement is
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=100085838604526&w=2

I'm curious if anyone here has tried the preemption patches on XFS
system, running SMP? My question is if you have any subjective
comparison of how the system feels/works both with and without IO-APIC
enabled? I ask since I'm forced to run noapic on an i840 chipset. noapic
can have a number of subjective changes all by itself, one of which is
lower responsiveness. If an XFS kernel works well on SMP machines
running noapic, this might be useful for me.

D. Stimits, stimits@xxxxxxxxxx