Re: kernel spam when mounting xfs

To: Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: kernel spam when mounting xfs
From: Federico Sevilla III <jijo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 23:25:27 +0800 (PHT)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 5 Sep 2001 at 17:04, Andi Kleen wrote:
> Just to stop the FUD a bit:

Oops. I didn't mean that as FUD but now that I think about it, it was. My
sincerest apologies, and thank you very much Andi for that wakeup call.

> The last known reiserfs NFS problem (not being able to resolve file
> handles again under heavy load) has been fixed with 2.4.5. Before that
> it has been several years been documented as being fixable with a
> patch.

I was not quite sure about the stability of ReiserFS+NFS despite the
patches, but just checked and indeed the knfsd patches stopped at 2.4.5.

> The basic problem BTW was that Linux cannot handle 64bit inode
> numbers.

So it is indeed more of a problem with the implementation of NFS on Linux
than any of the filesystems?

 --> Jijo

--
Federico Sevilla III  :: jijo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Network Administrator :: The Leather Collection, Inc.