Re: kernel spam when mounting xfs

To: Ethan Benson <erbenson@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: kernel spam when mounting xfs
From: Simon Matter <simon.matter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 08:53:23 +0200
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Ethan Benson schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> i just recently converted a machine to use xfs on all partitions sans
> /boot.
>
> the only thing i really dislike about it is all the spam from the
> kernel when the filesystems are mounted:

Is this spam? Did you ever use ReiserFS?

Checking ReiserFS transaction log (device 03:06) ...
Using r5 hash to sort names
Primary Sponsor thresholdnetworks.com
Raid Tuning sponsored by emusic.com
HSM sponsored by bigstorage.com
Alpha port and SMP sponsored by alpha-processor.com, alpha port by
www.innovative-software.com and www.quant-x.com.
ReiserFS version 3.5.29
VFS: Mounted root (reiserfs filesystem) readonly.
change_root: old root has d_count=1
Trying to unmount old root ... okay
Freeing unused kernel memory: 128k freed
Adding Swap: 506008k swap-space (priority -1)
Checking ReiserFS transaction log (device 03:01) ...
Using r5 hash to sort names
ReiserFS version 3.5.29
Checking ReiserFS transaction log (device 03:08) ...
Using r5 hash to sort names
ReiserFS version 3.5.29
Checking ReiserFS transaction log (device 03:07) ...
Using r5 hash to sort names
ReiserFS version 3.5.29