Re: Kernel Oops .....

Subject: Re: Kernel Oops .....
From: "Michael Wahlbrink" <miw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 23:49:20 +0200
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 31.08.2001 23:12:22 Seth Mos wrote:
>On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Eric Sandeen wrote:
>
>> Michael Wahlbrink wrote:
>>
>> > Hi eric,
>> > I've read this, but where I can get this egs for the suse 7.2 which
>I have
>> > to use (company standard..... I would prefer debian.......)??
>> >
>> > So I hope you can help me....
>>
>> Hi Michael -
>>
>> I _think_ you could use Red Hat's compat-egcs and compat-glibc RPMs
>on a
>> SuSE system, to get this compiler - can any of the SuSE-users verify
>> that this is OK?
>
>I have seen reports that it can succesfully be used on SuSE. I believe
>this is what most people are doing right now.
>
>Cheers
Ok I've downloaded and installed these rpms, now my stupid question: what
I've to do, that these other Compiler will be used (change the 'cc-link'
to the kgcc??)???? I'm now so far with xfs so I want also a running system
;-) so please give me a little hint, that I can bring my first xfs-box up!

cu
michael

ps: I'm very impressed on the fact how fast you get help on the xfs
mailinglist, a _big_thank you to the xfs people!!!