make a huge anount of files

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: make a huge anount of files
From: Sven <svh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 20:05:18 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi folks,
we tried to make a lot of files on our xfs-filesystem for some
performance tests. We've used a self written programm, which builds us
10.000 files of 4kb size in a directory, 401 times. We tested this
programm with ext2, reiserfs and jfs and there are no problems. At the
time we tried this test on the xfs, our system stopped at 79.000
files.(stopped mean that it does nothing, but wasn't crashed). we tried
it 4 times, and always the same result, no exactly 79.000, but around
this number. If we changed the programm to make 8k file, ist runs
through, without any problems.
Has anyone an idea what the problem could be?

Regards
Sven Herzing