Re: xfs_create looping, missing dirs/files, corrupt inode tables, etc.

Subject: Re: xfs_create looping, missing dirs/files, corrupt inode tables, etc.
From: Federico Sevilla III <jijo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 22:44:23 +0800 (PHT)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 at 14:01, yocum@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Nothing terribly special.  But I did lie about the kernel/XFS version,
> accidentally: I upgraded to linux-2.4.8-xfs on Friday morning, the
> corruption was discovered Friday night, but the files were written
> back when the machine was running linux-2.4.7pre6-xfs.

Dan, I'm just wondering, have you given 2.4.9 a shot, yet? I upgraded to
2.4.9 and noticed that hard lockups of the system when drives in my 3ware
RAID5 fail (or get removed) went away. It _might_ have something to do
with my VIA chipset (on the mobo), but I'm not quite sure. I have APIC and
NMI for uniprocessors enabled, so that might have something to do with
life (and hence makes this non-XFS specific).

I had nfs-kernel-server running and disk activity when I pulled that drive
out and ... it just went chugging along. Whee! :)

 --> Jijo

--
Federico Sevilla III  :: jijo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Network Administrator :: The Leather Collection, Inc.