Re: setfacl problem

To: Dmitry Melekhov <dm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: setfacl problem
From: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:41:48 +1000
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
hi,

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 11:27:27AM -0400, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> [root@dm 121212]# setfacl -d -x  u:dm 1111
> setfacl: 1111: Resulting default ACL
> `user::rwx,group::rwx,other::rwx,mask::rwx': Missing or wrong entry at
> entry 4
>
> What mean this error?
>
> I can't understand :(

    "[...] getfacl/setfacl [...] were designed for just this
purpose. There is a known ACE ordering bug in the libacl code
that this sits above though, so YMMV at the moment.  Feel free
to fix the problem, its just not reached the top of anyone's
ToDo list here at the moment."

So if you are not prepared to fix or work around this bug yourself,
don't use getfacl/setfacl with XFS yet.

--
Nathan