Problem with XFS 1.01 / RedHat 7.1 install

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Problem with XFS 1.01 / RedHat 7.1 install
From: sgarcia@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 21:16:15 -0400
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
I'm having some difficulty with a new install using XFS1.01 and RedHat
7.1.  Everything seems to go along fine until it asks for the RedHat disc
1.  I get a popup telling me "That's not the correct CDROM".  I've put the
CD into another machine and confirmed that it is disc1 of the RedHat 7.1
set.

I've installed XFS 1.0 on several machines (including this one) with
minimal problems.  Is there a problem with the install disc for 1.01, or
am I likely doing something wrong?

I would have just tried to update my kernel, but I've toasted X on this
thing, so rather than fool with that for days, I figured a fresh install
might be just the ticket.

Thanks!

Steve Garcia

Steve Garcia   using MR/2 ICE #10133 with Warp 4
sgarcia@xxxxxxxxxx
 *  All true wisdom is found on T-shirts.