Re: XFS fs size limit?

To: xfs-list <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS fs size limit?
From: Derek Glidden <dglidden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 19:04:23 -0400
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Seth Mos wrote:
> It's cheap, large, reliable, not fast and you can store lot's of MP3
> on it. It's more a University thing or used in cheap nas appliances were
> it will do nice things since the 100Mbit onboard ethernet limits
> throughput anyways. moot point.

Oh hey, don't get me wrong, I think the 3ware cards are seriously hep.
I've got big-time hardware envy over the ones we're playing with at
work.  (watch this nice transition...) I want one at home so I can
rebuild my big file server (wait for it...) at home that uses LVM and
XFS (and there you are) on a big 3ware RAID5 device with something like
4 80GB IDE drives.  I figure going that route gets me *some* measure of
reliability and still winds up being cheaper for the whole setup than
just one really nice SCSI RAID controller.

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

usage: qrpff 153 2 8 105 225 < /mnt/dvd/VOB_FILENAME \

http://www.eff.org/                    http://www.opendvd.org/