Re: Disappearing files in the / directory

To: Andrew Hill <list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Disappearing files in the / directory
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 09:15:45 +0200
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 16:32 21-8-2001 +0930, Andrew Hill wrote:
Seth Mos wrote:

What kernel are you running on this machine? what hardware are you on? What compiler did you use (if you compiled your own.

Sorry - same kernel as my other machine - 2.4.6. Compiled my own using the RH 7.1 defaults (gcc-2.96-81).

Compile it with egcs 1.1.2 please. This one is also known as kgcc on redhat 7.x systems and can be found in the compat-egcs package.

It's running on an Intel Coppermine Celeron 866, 128MB RAM, IBM Deskstar 46GB drive, VIA Chipset motherboard....

Make sure you have the latest bios for your motherboard to make sure you don't encounter corruption with DMA enabled. You might also find it a good idea to build a newer kernel which will have more VIA fixes without doubt.

Cheers

--
Seth
I use the last kind.