Re: XFS fs size limit?

To: xfs-list <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS fs size limit?
From: yocum@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 12:13:03 -0500
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
yocum@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi all,
> I asked this of mkp but he doesn't know off the top of his head: is there a
> limit to the XFS fs size?  I've tried creating one on just over 1.1TB with
> no success:

> FWIW, I'm using 2.4.5 kernel with R1.0.1.

Seth suggested that I get the TOT cmds and try mkfs.xfs with that.  I did,
it worked.  Hopefully, I won't run into the problem Jani had a couple weeks
ago with FS freezes.  I'll let you know if I do.

Now there's rumors on l-k that the FS size might be limited by the
signedness of something in the block layer, effectively limiting us to 1TB.
Oh, joy.

Dan Yocum
Sloan Digital Sky Survey, Fermilab  630.840.6509
yocum@xxxxxxxx, http://www.sdss.org
SDSS.  Mapping the Universe.