Re: XFS fs size limit?

To: xfs-list <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS fs size limit?
From: yocum@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 12:13:03 -0500
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
yocum@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I asked this of mkp but he doesn't know off the top of his head: is there a
> limit to the XFS fs size?  I've tried creating one on just over 1.1TB with
> no success:

<snip>

> FWIW, I'm using 2.4.5 kernel with R1.0.1.

Seth suggested that I get the TOT cmds and try mkfs.xfs with that.  I did,
it worked.  Hopefully, I won't run into the problem Jani had a couple weeks
ago with FS freezes.  I'll let you know if I do.

Now there's rumors on l-k that the FS size might be limited by the
signedness of something in the block layer, effectively limiting us to 1TB.
Oh, joy.

Thanks,
Dan

--
Dan Yocum
Sloan Digital Sky Survey, Fermilab  630.840.6509