Re: Kernel Oops .....

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Kernel Oops .....
From: "Michael Wahlbrink" <miw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 22:16:32 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 31.08.2001 20:34:48 Seth Mos wrote:
>On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Michael Wahlbrink wrote:
>
>> On 31.08.2001 19:39:10 Seth Mos wrote:
>> >On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Michael Wahlbrink wrote:
>> >It seems to be incomplete, it can't find modules info. The function
>is
>> >not translated. did you try it like this?
>> >ksymoops < oops.txt > ksymoops.txt
>> >
>> >Doesn't your machine have module support of do you have no modules
>> >loaded?
>> >My machines have a /proc/modules file. Weird.
>> Hi,
>> I have a kernel with module support, but actually no compiled modules
>> (will come later if the fs is working properly), so i think that it
>is ok
>> that ksymoops cries about my modules (or not).
>> my command was ksymoops oops.txt >output.txt (not the right way?
>should  I
>> call it your way again? I'm a newbie in debugging things....... so
>tell it
>> to me).
>
>You did it right, it should be fine.
>
>> my /proc/modules is empty!
>
>No modules loaded I guess :-)
You are right!

Now I had reproduced the oops on a newly made filesystem
 # cp -r /usr/src /xfsmounted/
doing some other copystuff and then do
 # cp -r /usr/src /xfsmounted/
again..... if you do 'ls -al' I can see that the directory is now bigger
(also if I tar the directory on /xfsmounted its bigger then the tarred
/usr/src/ and i get some errormessages) If I now try to do an
# rm -r /xfsmounted/src
I get errormessages about not emty folders....
If I do the rm again I get the oops!! :-((

hope this helps
what can/should I do??

cu
micha